Check Your Plan’s Health
Make Sure It Measures Up
Already have an estate plan? Does it cover everything you need it to? Evaluate your current estate plan below to add up your points. How do you score? If you don’t already have a plan, see what you can accomplish by taking time to plan your future…today.
- Do you have a will or living trust drafted by a qualified estate planning attorney?
- Do you review and update your will every few years?
- Have you named an executor in your will and notified that person?
- Is your life insurance adequate for you and your family’s needs? Are the beneficiary designations up to date?
- Do you have beneficiaries who require special care?
- Have you established a durable power of attorney in case you become incapacitated?
- Do you have a living will or health care power of attorney?
- Does your will name a guardian for any minor children you may have?
- Do you have a pet or farm animals? Have you made arrangements for their care if something were to happen to you?
- Have you made any provisions for your favorite charitable organizations?
✓ 35 to 43 points: Nice job! Your estate plan is in excellent condition. Make sure it stays that way by reviewing your plans regularly and after major life changes.
✓ 25 to 34 points: Consider your plans to be in fair condition. Set aside an afternoon to more thoroughly assess your plans, then contact an estate planning professional if you need help organizing and updating.
✓ 24 points or less: It’s time to see an estate planning professional to make sure your plans are designed to protect the people and causes you care about most, or to get started.
Include @[Short] in Your Future Plans
In addition to supporting loved ones, you can use your estate plan to make a difference for the causes you care about. Contact @[Contact] at @[Email] or @[Phone] to learn how you can include @[OrgName] in your estate plan today.